Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January – A busy way to start out the year..!

We brought in the New Year playing Apples to Apples with our new neighbor’s Doug and Alison.  Shane enjoys playing with their two boys even though they are younger than him.  While we played a lively game full of laughing and of course food, the boys played video games until they couldn’t keep their eyes open.   I’ve enjoyed getting to know our neighbors as they are some of the few people I see during the week in between studying. 

At the beginning of the month we almost got robbed.  It was late one night that I noticed the light on out in the living room.  I had been watching a movie in bed while giving Matthew a back massage.  Matthew was almost completely out of it so I decided to go turn off the light myself.  It was only after I opened the door that I realized we had turned off all the lights before going to bed.  I hesitated long enough that by the time I walked out of the room there was no one there.  The light that was on was one that we never use and Matthew’s computer was unplugged but they didn’t have enough time to grab it.  Thankfully, nothing was missing from the house but they did manage to steal a couple things from our car.  The next day Matthew took me out shooting for the first time and I had a lot of fun.  While I don’t know if I could actually shoot a person it was fun to shoot at a target.   We just praise God that no one was hurt and that we haven’t had any problems since then.


Who wants to go shooting with me..?  



Mid-January we had a lot of snow which meant that Shane was out of school for a week.  I even ended up skipping my Thursday night class which I was bummed about because I didn’t get to see my classmates’ sermons.  Instead of driving to Portland we once again got together with our neighbors who Shane played with all week.  Even though I’m not fond of the snow because I don’t like being cold I did get outside a couple times and I was grateful I had no where I needed to drive.


Shane & the Neighbor boys

He just thinks he'll get away with it... 



We celebrated Matthew’s birthday on two occasions but without any party since he wouldn’t allow it.  He decided to keep going with the tradition of buying me a nice gift so that I couldn’t spend much money on him.  So, for his birthday I got a new camera and he got the addition to Apples to Apples since he enjoys the game so much.  I even had my Dad create card holders so he wouldn’t have to worry about holding the cards in his hands and some for me too since I thought they were cool.  I even made some of his favorite meals when we did mega-cooking with my sister. 


Trying out my new camera as we celebrate Matthew's birthday...

Matthew opening up his present... 

My neices... playing while we mega-cooked..!

Cuddling with Daddy..!



On his actual birthday we were down in Portland for a doctor’s appointment for his arm.  After being examined all day and being in excruciating pain we went back to Katherine’s house where she was able to purchase him a cake without getting in trouble.  We decided to spend the rest of the week in Portland until after my class on Thursday so we were able to spend a couple days visiting with Katherine and her family.  


Singing Happy Birthday... and getting away with it..! 

Anna was thrilled to cut a cake she couldn't even eat..!

Happy Birthday My Love..!  Thanks for the camera!!!


No comments: