Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, September 30, 2011

September… let the chaos begin..!

Once we got home from our honeymoon our life got very hectic.  Shane had just started school so unfortunately we missed his first day of Junior High but his grandma was kind enough to get him there on time.  The first night we went out to dinner with Shane to celebrate as a family.  We enjoyed a meal at Azteca which was also the last place we ate as a family for our rehearsal dinner.  


Shane's first day of Junior High..!


The very next night I was heading down to Portland for an early morning class on Saturday.  The next week I started my Thursday evening class as well so I was swamped with homework and travelling on the weekends for school.  It wasn’t what I wanted but that was the only way I could graduate on time and still go to Argentina for a month. 

Of course in the middle of school we still had life as a family.  On Sunday afternoon we had Matt’s mom come over to my parents as we opened up all the wedding presents.  We were definitely blessed by the generosity of everyone.  Although it took a couple months to get out the Thank You Cards we were very appreciate.  It took both vehicles filled to the rim to get all the presents back to the house. 


Opening gifts for a couple hours... 

Shane started getting a little goofy...

Matthew securing the load in his truck... 

My car was packed too... 


Unfortunately the following week Matthew ended up in the hospital with an infection in his arm.  This was a very emotional time for me as I would have to leave him behind in the evening to go home and take care of Shane.  Thankfully my parents came out to visit on the first night which brought me some peace.  The rest of the time I was alone, taking care of Matthew, then taking care of Shane, trying to stay on top of my homework load, getting little sleep at night, and trying to figure my way around the area since I didn’t even know how to get to a grocery store at my new place. 

The next weekend Matthew went away to a Men’s Retreat which was refreshing for him but also the longest we were going to be apart since I had to leave Thursday morning for Bible Study and then class in Portland.  Thankfully, after my class Matthew met up with me just outside of Portland for a short visit before I drove back home.  

No comments: