Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, January 4, 2010

Starting the New Year..!


So, it is a New Year..! I cannot believe we are already in the year 2010. As I mentioned before, I have a somewhat tradition of spending New Years Eve home alone in God’s Word. I like to start the year off refocusing on what is important and seeking what God has in store for me. Some verses and quotes that God has been speaking to me in the past couple days are:

2 Samuel 7:18 – Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house that You have brought me this far?
It is definitely an adventure that God has me on and I have no doubt that He is the one guiding me on this path. A quote from a book I am reading really spoke to me this night, “I do not possess a wealth of talent, I am not an educated theologian, and I do not even have the experience of most. I simply trust Christ and follow Him.” How true is that..! My desire is to follow Christ and obey Him no matter where He leads me. As Psalms 48:14, “For this God is our God forever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.”

The path God has me on may not always be easy, but it is good. As I was thinking about a popular verse… that says God will not give us more than we can bear… my eyes were opened to the truth in this verse. God CAN’T give us something that we cannot bear… it is impossible and not just because He can’t lie… but because God is control of ALL things and we can bear EVERYTHING with Him.

Last night as I was laying in bed thinking about the next step in this adventure… COLLEGE..! I was a bit overwhelmed… but after spending time in the Bible once again I was reminded that, God already has it under control. All I need to do is take it one day at a time and enjoy the moment. So, that is my goal this year… to take things as they come and enjoy life..!




This picture was taken for my nephew James... He was shocked about the fact I was doing a 1000 piece puzzle. I figured I would do something fun before school started and life got hectic. I didn't sleep much but I did it in a little over a day..!



2 comments:

The Williams Five said...

Great verses and lessons for us all to learn! Me especially.

On another note, I cannot believe you did that puzzle in a little over a day! Are you insane?! Anytime you want to work on one with me just come on up. I have several that I never want to pull out or the kids will have pieces everywhere.

The Finnestad Family said...

I love reading about how God is speaking into your life! What a great tradition - a wonderful way to end one year and begin the next.

Love the puzzle picture by the way! I can't wait to show James.