Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Full Calendar...

Two big activities happened in the month of January… the first is our Annual Field Council Meeting with all the Baptist General Conference missionaries in Argentina. We got together for a week of encouragement, growth, prayer and fun. I usually get sick during these trips due to the drastic change in sleeping habits and this year was not an exception. Once again we went up to Jujuy which gave me the opportunity to escape one evening and go visit one of my friends. Other than that I spent a lot of time catching up on many things, such as emails, preparation for studies and whatnot. It was a bittersweet trip as it was my last time with most of the families. The encouraging thing is that they all understood what I am going through… my rollercoaster of emotions, times of being fine and then breaking down in tears. It was nice to know that I am not going crazy and that they go through the same process as I am going through right now. Especially during a time in which most of my other friends don’t seem to understand me. We ended the trip in prayer for me and the decisions I need to make in the upcoming months.


We arrived to Catamarca just in time for summer camp and last minute preparations. I was in charge of the budget, taking pictures and all the small details which meant a lot of running around. If you can imagine I was already sick from my trip to Jujuy… we arrived on Saturday evening and had two days to get everything ready while at the same time having two special reunions with the Pastor Carlos, who came to speak at camp. On Sunday night I ended up getting just two hours of sleep before camp officially started… and I ended the three day camp getting NO SLEEP on Wednesday night. (I was doing “couples” patrol… it’s amazing how quickly people fall in love... haha!) So, pretty much since camp I have been trying to recover and not get behind on the treasurer work and Bible Studies.


I have got to say that amidst the troubles at camp we had some huge successes… in fact some of my prayer requests for the past year have been answered or are in process at least. The speaker did a really good job at touching the lives of the youth and addressed some important issues such as UNITY!!! Wow, it was absolutely amazing to watch two guys, who have been in conflict for the past year, ask one another for forgiveness… the conflict between the two of them has really been a divider between two of the churches here in Catamarca. I know that this was just a first step, but I am excited to see what God is going to do to reunite his Church. Also, some of the youth who have been distanced from God took steps closer to Him during this week. We had about 20 youth were not believers and many more who have walked away from Him in the past couple years… please be praying for these lives. No one went home without having the opportunity to KNOW GOD and draw closer to Him, but the real struggle comes when they return to the home environment and are faced with all the temptations.

No comments: