Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Visitors from up North...


This past week has been a continued roller coaster of times difficult times mixed in with good times… but I am choosing to focus on these good times so that God can be glorified!

A little over a week ago we had the privilege of hosting a short term team from Colorado. For those of you who have ever been on the mission field these teams are a blessing and encouragement but also leave you completely exhausted afterwards. Three ladies stayed in my house, Kathleen, Terry y Jenna… and it was neat to get to know each one of them and see them interact with my roommates and their classmates. My house being the youth ministry house is always full of various youth and one day there was about 15 girls in the house at one time in three different study groups. What chaos to have in the midst of hosting, but it was definitely a blessing for everyone. While the team was here I had the privilege of spending time with them, translating their testimonies, being encouraged by them and sharing with them a little of my life. Some of the activities that they did were; Lead a children’s activity and youth activity at the church on Saturday; get to know the church members on Sunday during lunch and share their testimonies and a skit at the service that night; paint the church on Monday and Tuesday afternoon; and visit the girl’s home.

Some of the highlights for me were listening to their testimonies and how it encouraged the youth here. Having Matias (the guy who is a new believer) give his testimony for the first time in front of a group. But I would say that once again my favorite activity was visiting the girl’s home. They were very receptive of us and loved taking us on a tour of the facility to show us their rooms. This time around there were 3 babies that were born within the past couple months. These girls have come from difficult backgrounds obviously and some of them are just children themselves raising a child. My heart goes out to them as they are seeking a love that only God can give them. I hope to go back and visit them soon with some of the pictures we took that day.

On top of the team visit I have continued to be super busy with all of the various studies I am doing with various girls as well as the Mission’s Class I am leading. Honestly, I am loving these times as it is so encouraging to see them soaking up the Word. The guys continue to complete the homework for the Mission’s Class and are super excited about what they are learning.

No comments: