Most of the day was spent in the plaza where we invited everyone to come to the event on Saturday evening. We were also able to sit and visit with the people as they passed by. I even ran into the family of one of my English friends from Catamarca. One of the locals lent us their sound system so we could have Christian music
It was neat to see some of the youth stepping out of their comfort zones to do various activities they wouldn’t normally do, such as talk to strangers, speak on the microphone, etc. I also had to step out of my comfort zone during part of the trip when I was asked to speak on the local radio. Then again I wasn’t given a choice to say no, and I had no clue I was going to talk until 3 minutes beforehand, which didn’t give me any
Apart from the work that we were able to do in reaching out to the community, we were also able to encourage various members of the local church. But more importantly we were able to grow as a group and be united a bit more. The team included youth from various churches in Catamarca. My prayer is that God will continue to unite the youth and help them to work through
Of course the trip was not all work… we were able to enjoy one another on Saturday night as we celebrated Norma’s 50th Birthday. Norma is the mother of my roommates and a good friend of mine. Although by Saturday night we were all physically exhausted, and half the team fell asleep waiting for the food to finish cooking, those of us who stayed awake were able to enjoy the party.
1 comment:
Wish I could have heard you on the radio....not that I would have understood most of it, but it still would have been cool! Glad to hear it was such a great trip.
Post a Comment