Okay... so this message is dedicated to Carol Hirst who thouroughly kicked me in the rear end to get my head back on straight.. haha
Although my circumstances haven´t changed... and I am living in constant conflict... I have decided to take my eyes off these conflicts (as Carol pointed out they have become my ¨idol¨) and put my eyes back on my loving Saviour. Although I still don´t have all the answers I have a peace that I can´t even understand...
How did I change my thinking so radically? Let me tell you... Tuesday night for me was a night to connect with God in a way I don´t know if I have ever done before. Here in Catamarca, we get together on a irregular basis to have a all-night prayer and worship time. I decided that it was time that I spent an entire night with God myself. I spent the entire night in prayer, worship (singing along to worship songs on my mp3) and in the Word. Wow! I felt the presence of God in an amazing way... my prayer this night was like none other... in which instead of causing me to fall asleep (like so many other nights) it actually energized me. Satan had no room to cause any distractions... it was just me and God.
So... my goal is to fight this battle I am facing with constant PRAYER! To not let the trials distract me but to point me back to the Cross and WORSHIP my Saviour... and to not allow satan´s lies fill my mind but let the TRUTH fill me up as I seek to serve God and be an example here in Argentina.
Here is a poem I wrote today.. in Spanish... (okay, so I will translate it to English though I like it better in it´s original language!)
A love so deep
I can´t begin to understand
Is what I feel
When I am with you, Lord
A peace and strength
You give me each day
To confront the things
That I have face
Life is not easy
There are conflicts constantly
But I am going to continue on
Because I am a daughter of the king
Fill me with your love
So I can love those around me
In your presence I want to stay
Because I need to feel your peace
If you could forgive me
Who am I not to forgive
Humble me and help me
Your love I want to show
I lift my hands to you
In order to praise you my Lord
Change me and mold me
I want to be a worshiper
God bless you all... and Keep Praying!!! The Battle Belongs to the Lord... but we are the warriors!
4 comments:
Just so everybody knows, I didn't REALLY kick her in the rear end. :)
And Kristin, you are my idol...ooops, now I have another idol to boot out of my own life. Thanks a LOT!
Carol
My mom is really good at that rear-kicking thing :) ha ha!! I'm glad to hear you've had a change in perspective that has resulted in drawing nearer to God and experiencing His peace!
Love you!
I've heard that she's a great rear-kicker friend! :) Hahah ... Upholding you in prayer from this end, too, Kristin. I know it's a warzone down there ... here, too, I know.
Carol is like that!! Isn't it amazing how God gets our attention. You have inspired me to get real and worship my God they way He commands and desires. Thanks.
Post a Comment