
January has been a month full of visiting people and getting back into the swing of things. As I transitioned back I took a lot of time to get into the Word of God and pray about where God is leading me in regards to ministry this upcoming year. My desire is to not say “Yes” to everything but to be wise in the decisions I make regarding what I spend my time on. This time in the Word has been amazing and very much needed. Although, I still don’t have all the answers, God is leading down and path and bringing various people into my life.
The nice thing about it being summer break down here is that everyone

is on vacation and has more time to get together. I have had the opportunity to meet up with one of the girls a couple days a week to study the Word of God. It is an encouraging time as she has such a desire to grow in her walk with God. There are others who are struggling right now and could use some prayer. It seems that when I was back in the states various conflicts arose and some of the youth are discouraged and frustrated. Pray that the Youth would draw closer to God during this time and not allow the circumstances draw them into the things of the world.

Just about once a week, we have been able to get together as girls, get all dressed up and go out. It has been a neat time to be able reach out to the girls and encourage them as we talk on a casual basis. The group varies each week and this upcoming year we are hoping to continue with these gatherings and start doing a study each time we get together.
As some of you know, Fuego, came down on vacation this past week. We had the opportunity to get together with some of the youth throughout the week as we toured around Catamarca. One of my favorite activities is when we invited some of the English students over to the house. I met

them on my first trip to Argentina and had lost contact with most of them. But due to Fuego’s trip down I have reconnected with them and hope to continue getting together on a regular basis. Pray for the various English Students (Pato, Esmeralda, Anna, and Ruben) and those whom God may bring into my life in the upcoming year. Pray that I would be an example to them and be able to speak truth into their lives.
Tomorrow I am going to Jujuy to meet with the other BGC (Baptist General Conference) missionaries. We are having our yearly team council meeting where we will be doing planning for the upcoming year, a study on prayer, and various other activities. Pray for great relationships and refreshment for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment