Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Youth Camp!!!

Wow, what a week... after 30 hours of traveling I finally made it to Catamarca. I arrived in time to go to camp with the youth at the church I will be working alongside of. God has been working miraculously through this church. When I was in Catamarca for a year we started with a very small group of youth that came on an irregular basis. Now just two years later there were 60-70 youth at the camp, many who were non-believers, some who had ever heard the gospel before.
The day I arrived a dozen youth accepted Christ as their Savior. What a joyous time it was for everyone. God was definately at work in the lives of the youth. By the end of the week, 15 people were baptized… and what a party it was. Some of the families of the youth came throughout the week to spend the day and see what this camp was all about. I am excited to see what God is going to do through the lives of the youth and their families. Please be praying that He continues to open doors for us to reach out to the youth of Catamarca.

I’ve been able to spend this week recovering from the flight down, a week long camp with the
youth, and a 5 hour time change. Let me tell you, I’m exhausted but very encouraged spiritually. Please be in prayer for all the details that need to take place in the next couple weeks; finding a house and getting settled in, inviting a couple girls to move in with me, choosing who to start discipling and what their needs are and making sure I take time to be refreshed in
the Word throughout it all. My desire is to Glorify God in each decision I make.
Also, pray that I can learn all the names of the youth. It has been a struggle to learn so many names in such a short period of time.
I am so excited for the opportunity to minister down here in Catamarca, Argentina. Thank you so much for you prayers.. I look forward to sharing all of my adventures with you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! That is exciting and I am glad you are safe. I was so excited to hear about the camp. That is awesome about all the students who attended. They will be in our prayers. We miss you tons, but know that God is at work through you. LOVE YOU!! tell everyone hi, please. Besos
-laura p

Chaplain Mark said...

Kristin.
This is an awesome, tremendous record of God's faithfulness. Pictures are awesome so we see who God has given you to serve.

Do you have friends you fellowship with there who are your age or who you feel really comfortable with?

I just sent a letter out in our church to continue raising support for my service with Prisoners for Christ. I'd love to send you a copy of the letter. How?

In Christ,
Mark and Katharine

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin,
So excited to hear how everything is going. I think of you often and keep you in my prayers! Can't wait to hear more about what God is doing through you.

God Bless,
Erin W.