Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, June 27, 2026

Argentina 2026 – Part 1 – Traveling to Catamarca

I didn’t sleep at all on Thursday night. I had to be at the airport at 2:00 am since my flight was at 5:00am and it is recommended you arrive 3 hours before an international flight… I was anxious that I wouldn’t wake up to my alarm, so I didn’t fall asleep. Matthew took a nap so that he would be able to drive me there and home safely.

I said goodbye to him at the airport, gathered my bags and headed into the airport, only to find out that the United Check-In area was closed until 3:45. Although, they require bags to be checked in an hour before international flights, they were not going to open much before the deadline.

Of course, that put me on edge a bit since I knew that I wouldn’t have much time to check-in, turn in my bag, and get through security before boarding began. Needless to say, I had no time to rest at the airport, and ended up being the one that started the line for check-in.

Thankfully, they started a little early, and I ran over to one of the machines to get my baggage tag since they wouldn’t do it at the counter, so I was first to turn in my bag and head off to security. The line at security wasn’t too long so I made it to my gate with about 20 minutes to spare before boarding started. 

Saying goodbye to Matthew

United is closed :( 

I didn’t get much sleep on the flight from Seattle to Houston, but was glad I ordered a meal a couple days before since that is the only way you could get food on this flight was to pre-order. I did start watching the Harry Potter series since my co-worker is a fanatic of Harry Potter so I thought I would give it a try. I watched the first one on this flight and it wasn’t what I expected… it was pretty good, so I decided to continue with the series. 

Downloaded the order so I could watch them... 

The layover in Houston wasn’t super long. I did have time to get something to drink at Orange Julius and then find my gate. I had a short wait before boarding my next flight so took the opportunity to charge my devices/external battery. By then, I was pretty tired but didn’t want to fall asleep and miss the plane. The flight from Houston to Bogota, Colombia was not very comfortable, but I was tired, so after eating breakfast, I ended up falling asleep towards the end of the second Harry Potter movie for a couple hours. 

Nice walk to my next gate.... 

Predictions for World Cup Teams... 

Regardless of who wins... God gets the Glory!

When I arrived in Bogota, I found my next gate and then decided to buy a souvenir since I didn’t know if I would ever be back in Colombia. I watched a little bit of the World Cup and then boarded the next flight. I was exhausted since it was my second night of traveling, so I ate my sandwich and then crashed. Thankfully, the plane was a lot more comfortable, and I had a window seat and no one next to me. I slept about four hours on this flight. 

I was exhausted... but enjoyed the sites in Colombia



I arrived in Buenos Aires and had to go through immigration, then retrieve all my luggage and go through security to enter the country. There was quite a line at Aerolineas Argentina for the national flights where I needed to wait to turn in my luggage for the last part of the trip. By the time I handed over my baggage I didn’t have much time left, so I went through security, found something to eat quickly, and headed to my gate. My gate ended up changing and the guy I was talking to let me know so I didn’t get left behind. I boarded the plane, and after greeting the lady sitting next to me, closed my eyes and fell asleep for the entire two hours to Catamarca. Thankfully, Maxi was waiting for me at the airport, and it didn’t take long for the luggage to arrive. 


Finally in Argentina... 


My first day in Catamarca was extremely busy. Maxi dropped me off at Carolina’s where I visited for awhile. Then we headed over to where Sole was preparing for the Baby Shower so I could see her. I went back to Carolina’s for lunch and a very short nap before heading to Mauricio’s wife (Loa’s) Baby Shower for their son Timoteo. I spent the evening visiting with friends and family I had not seen in 9 years, drinking mate and eating good food. Their baby showers are a lot different than ours. They rented a place, had a ton of food, games, music, for men and women alike. It was like ours on steroids. 

Mauricio & Loa's Son's Baby Shower

Selfie with Sole... 


Lots of good food...


Gustavo and Norma... 


Enjoying time with Carolina... 


Ian & Ciro... 
The kids have grown up so much
Zoe & Emma... 

Mate with Tia Mirta


Carolina and Soledad... loving my time with the girls!


Posing with Loa and Mauricio.. 

Jorge and Erika with the happy couple... 

Cristian's wife was pregnant at the same time... 

Carolina's family... 

Sole's family (except Maxi - who was working)

Cousin - Victoria and Elio

Maria and Zoe

Kids enjoying some of the games... 

Valentino sharing words of encouragement... 


Opening gifts... from Tia Kris


Spanish Children's Bible... 



Argentina Clothes... perfect gift!



Siblings photo... 


The Llamas Rossi Family

The In-Laws... 

After the baby shower ended, we headed back to Mauricio’s house where we continued to eat and watch the Argentina World Cup game. After the first half, everyone headed to their own houses to watch the second half, so I headed to Carolina and Leandro’s where we watched Argentina win the game. I was exhausted so it didn’t take me long to fall asleep after the game was over. 


Enjoying every minute of the game... 



Especially Argentina's goals!



Best part of the World Cup and being in Argentina... 



We won... but we were moving on regardless... 





Some stats to enjoy... 

No comments: