March has been a month of mixed emotions.
I came out into the kitchen on the first day of Spring (March 1st)
and looked out the window to see a cat and deer staring back at me. I didn’t recognize the cat, but the deer come
back every year. I love how I can sit
outside and do my Bible study and they will just lay in the yard next to
me. They are a reminder of the changing
of seasons. Some of the changes we look forward to and feel like a blessing in
our life.
One day I was able to come home early for work, only to have the power go out on us. Matthew and I decided not to wait and see if it would come back on before dinner but to go out to eat. We went to a Mizu Japanese Steakhouse we noticed the other day. We took full advantage of the experience and enjoyed the show they put on as they cooked our food. The food was delicious, and the spur of the moment experience was just what we needed. Thankfully, the power came back on just before we got back home.
I was able to get another night off of cooking for Saint Patrick’s Day when Matthew made the typical Corned beef and Cabbage meal. What a treat to come home from work to dinner on a Friday night after a long week of work.
School has been insanely busy. I am in the middle of what is considered “testing”
season. I have been doing all of the testing
for the English Language learning students as well as the tests for students
who have not met their graduation requirements yet. I have used pretty much used up my planning
period and lunch every day to get the testing done but there is a light at the end
of the tunnel, and I am almost done. I am so thankful that I have a week off in April
to rest.
The TV in the living room went out so Matthew and I bought a new
one. Unfortunately, it didn’t fit on the
stand so, I ended up having to buy a new stand also. It took me awhile to decide what stand I wanted. When it arrived I spent the afternoon putting
it together. Once the TV was mounted, I
was able to put together the sound system and clean the living room back up. I was
able to use the old stand in the family room. Little by little I am re-decorating
the house in my own style.
The last couple months Matthew has been experiencing a lot more pain than
usual. We do not know why and have
started to see some specialist to see if they can figure it out. It is very frustrating for him to feel
trapped in bed and hard for me to watch him suffer so much. I know we serve a God that can do the
miraculous… He healed so many people throughout the ages. I know that one day Matthew will be
completely healed… either here on earth or on the other side with Jesus. While
I do pray that the healing come here on earth, I know that God is good and
loves us deeply.





















No comments:
Post a Comment