Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, September 6, 2021

Labor Day Weekend – Camping with the Dellicker’s

The camping trip with the Dellicker’s came at just the right time.  I was in desperate need of a break.  With all the emotions from losing Cory and the stress of work starting back up… to say I was overwhelmed is an understatement.  I don’t think there is anywhere better than nature to go and refocus during difficult times… and that is just what we did.  We completely unplugged for the weekend.

Unfortunately, Sarah had to spend a lot of the time working on homework… she just started the nursing program and is herself a bit overwhelmed with the amount of homework… but we had really good and meaningful conversations during the times that she wasn’t studying… and I was able to bless her and do the dishes so she wouldn’t use it as an excuse to procrastinate. 

Matthew, Chris, Cooper and I even went off on an adventure on Sunday so that Sarah would have some uninterrupted time to study… overall it was just what I needed… time away with friends… nature… and unplugging from life for a bit.  

We found Rose Park on our adventure... 

Only a few roses but they were pretty... 

Lots of yummy plums to eat... 



Chris trying to solve the puzzle... after we ate ice cream... 

I figured I out... 



Much needed time outdoors... 

Enjoying time with Sarah... 


Poor Sarah working hard on homework... 

Chris trying to clean out the pond... 



It was going to take forever.. but it was working..!

The sun shining through... 

 

No comments: