Work has not slowed down at all these last few weeks… ever since
we given direction in what to do, I have been working way more hours a day then
I do in a typical school day. Between
all the meetings, completing the paperwork, a 3-day conference, completing an IEP
with a family, starting social groups for my students, going to the school to
pick up the iPads, computers, work materials and dropping them off at my
student’s houses, team meetings, and doing continuing ed classes I have not had
much time for anything else… I guess it is a good thing we are “stuck at home”
for the most part.
Thankfully, most of Matthew’s doctor appointments have been
online so I have not had to worry about taking time off to go with him to the
appointment… I can just sneak away from my computer for a half an hour to talk to
the doctor. That has been one of the
biggest blessings of Covid-19.
One of my favorite breaks from work was being able to spend the night
at Bev’s house and get to know her fiancé Len.
Bev has been a huge part of our life since Matthew and I were married…
and we are so excited that God has brought an amazing Christian man into her
life to enjoy retirement with. We can’t
wait to celebrate with them in July when they get married.
I was also able to have a social distancing (for the most part)
event with a couple of my co-workers. We
had a fire in the backyard and smores… I was introduced to my new favorite
smore flavor – snickers… you just have to cut them in half, and they are perfect! We had a great evening of just visiting by
the fire and catching up on life.
Mother’s Day fell in this month as well… I still have a hard
time during this time of year… and this was even harder since I felt very isolated. I did everything I could to not think about
the fact that it was Mother’s Day most of the day… I enjoyed a delicious
breakfast with my Bible Study and then spent the rest of the day making yonanas
for Matthew. It wasn’t until the next
day that I could even take a picture with the present that Matthew bought me.
My Aunt Sandi was very sweet during this time and offered to make
Matthew and I some masks to wear when we need to go out. At first, I didn’t respond to her request but
when Costco started requiring masks, I realized that I did need them. So, she quickly made them, and I was able to
go shopping at Costco. I then got to see
her again (with my mask on) when I dropped off her Birthday gift from my Mom…
of course, I had to take a picture. Covid-19
life has been so crazy.
Another Covid blessing is that I was able to start a Women’s
Bible study on Wednesday nights. We meet
online using Zoom and are studying the book of James. It has been a lot of fun to connect with
these women every week and be able to talk about life and God’s Word… I have
been missing this during my normal life.
It isn’t always easy to get to a group when I work since I don’t want to
leave Matthew in the evenings after he has been home alone all day long.
No comments:
Post a Comment