March has been a busy but good month so far… except for the snow
that doesn’t seem to want to go away. In
fact, it started snowing again on top of the snow we still had from February. The snow didn’t seem to want to go away and
was still here even though we had multiple days in the 70’s. A few days into Spring and we are finally
snow free at our house. YEAH..!
It snowed... AGAIN..!
Snow prints in the new snow...
My weekends have been busier than usual as well. On the first weekend, we headed up north for a memorial service. Matthew, the son of my mom’s cousin, was in a hit and run accident. He was struck by a car when he was crossing the street… 12 years prior he had suffered a TBI which left him permanently disabled. It is hard to understand how someone could run after hitting someone. I am praying for justice and God to be at hand in that situation.. especially for comfort for the family.
The following weekend, we went over to German and Mariah’s for dinner. It was a great time of fellowship and eating empanadas. Matthew of course enjoyed playing with their new dogo… a breed from Argentina. I preferred visiting and eating the food… and staying far away from the dog. 😊
Matthew enjoying time with the puppy...
The next weekend, I met up with Kim and the girls to celebrate Amanda’s birthday. We ate dinner at Red Robin and learned the new teenage vocabulary. It was a very eye opening experience. It was a lot of fun hanging out with Kim like we used to do when I was her nanny.. I sure miss this sisterly bonding time. We are both so busy that it doesn’t happen often enough.
70 degrees out and we still have snow on the ground...
Happy Birthday Amanda...
Elizabeth, Aliya, and Amanda - Teaching us a lot..!
Kim and I - Hanging out again.
Elizabeth wanted in on the action..
Time for some desert...
My weeks have been busy too.. between work and Matthew’s medical
appointments. He finally had his stress
test to check out his heart. The
preliminary reports looked good, and didn’t show signs of a heart attack,
praise God! We did get the test results
though and it appears that his left ventricle ejection fraction is only
functioning at 47%... which is lower than what is should be. I am not sure what this means yet since we
don’t see the specialist until May but they must not be super concerned since
they didn’t call to let us know and just wrote in their report.
My weekends have been spent doing my quiet time and then cleaning
the house. My parents finally started
traveling (only to Spokane for a month) and I got in the mood to clean and organize. I am going through the house one room at a
time on the weekends and doing some spring cleaning. While I clean I put on worship music and sing
along. It has been a refreshing time…
Quiet times.. before Spring Cleaning...
No comments:
Post a Comment