Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, October 16, 2015

The Craziness Continues…

Things are never boring in our life… just after purchasing our “little house” Matthew was cutting sheet metal to patch it up when he tripped and severed his Achilles tendon.  Of course, the phone call letting me know he was bleeding and couldn’t walk was a bit scary… thankfully I was able to wake up my father and have him take him to the ER so I could meet them there. 

Our visit to the ER was interesting to say the least… the Doctor kept changing his mind on what was going to happen between having surgery immediately to finally being discharged.  They rushed us out without telling us where to pick up the antibiotics… but my favorite was when they had me push the wheel chair to the car and told me to figure it out myself how I was going to get him from the car to the house afterwards. 

Thankfully, my mother took the day off work on Thursday and brought him in to the see the surgeon who scheduled surgery for the Friday afternoon.  The surgery was very simple but the recovery process is going to be LONG..!  He was told he couldn’t put any weight on his foot for 3 months… which isn’t easy for him since his he doesn’t have use of his left arm and now he can’t use his left foot… he likes to say “He’s all-right” 

One of our friends was so kind to lend us a knee scooter… of course, even with the scooter he has a hard time moving around without falling. I cringe every time I see him fall… I can’t imagine the pain and frustration he is dealing with.  Unfortunately it is going to be a long healing process since it takes about 9 months total.  I’m not sure what he is going to use once he can start putting a little weight on it since he has a hard time with crutches. 

Our church family blessed us immensely with meals for a few weeks.  We are so very thankful for their generosity.  It was definitely a blessing especially since I am taking a class on Tuesdays and my Wednesday night discipleship group with the high school girls started back up.  This was the first surgery in which I wasn’t prepared ahead of time with my own freezer meals.  If you are one of the ones who provided a meal… thank you very much..!

I think the only good thing that happened as a result of Matthew’s injury was that he got an awesome Seahawks cast… I wouldn’t recommend getting hurt for the cast but since he has to wear one anyways at least he got a cool one..!

His first cast... 

Getting around on the scooter... 


No comments: