When my sister-in-law
posted her theme for the year I jokingly told her that I wanted ours to be a
year of healing. While I would LOVE for
that to be the case I really feel God telling me that this is a year that I
need to rest/trust in Him. Even amidst
the difficulties we can rest in the Lord and know that not only is He in charge
of all things but that He will walk us through it.
My first verse to meditate
on in regards to this theme is Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Where are you?
Kristin Mazdzer
1/4/12
Lord, I feel so far away
I know you are right next to me
But it’s hard to feel you
And I don’t know what to do
I read your word almost every day
But it doesn't sink in like it used to
It feels so dry and empty
Not the way I want it to be
My prayers seem to float away
Like rote words that have no meaning
I try to come to you with my concerns
But my need for you continues to burn
I’m at a loss of what to do
How do I get back my love for you
How do I again feel you love me too
And that my walk with you is true
We face so many trials and obstacles
It feels like it’s us against the world
My joy for you has slipped away
As if the emptiness is here to stay
I want to find my rest in you alone
For the world is weighing me down
Help me lay my burdens at your feet
And find a peace that is so sweet
May I remember how in the past
You have always walked faithfully by my side
So even if I can’t feel you right next to me
I can have the faith that you always will be
No comments:
Post a Comment