As I pray for the youth entering Mexico today I am reminded of what God has done in my own life these past 15 years. Serve 95 was a life changing event for me. I never doubted that God was calling me into full-time ministry but I didn’t know how it would play out in my life. I knew missions would always be a part of my life but I didn’t know to what extent. Was I to be a sender and support missionaries financially? Was I to be in prayer for missionaries and God’s work throughout the world? Was I to be a mobilizer and lead youth on mission trips? Was I to open up my home to people in the States that need to know Jesus? Or was I to go out into the world and preach the gospel? To be honest, I was okay with any of these options except going. It took God 15 years to prepare me to go as a career missionary. He was faithful to not give up on me throughout the times of questioning. I have no doubt that He has a perfect plan for my life and now I know that this plan includes overseas missions as a career. What an awesome responsibility this is and yet I know I cannot do it on my own strength. My God who has been with me each step of the past 15 years will be with me each step of my life. 
Serve 95 - The trip that changed my life..!
As I helped prepare this Serve 2010 team I looked at the youth who would be going and wondering what God would do in the lives of these youth. What a joy it would have been to go with them but God has other plans for my life right now which include preparing for my own trip to Argentina. I am excited to hear their stories when they return and the opportunity I have to pray for them while they are gone. May God make Himself known to them in a very real way. May they depend upon Him each day not only during these couple weeks but for the rest of their lives. May they come back from Mexico forever changed and more in love with their Savior. Please be praying for these alongside of me and check out their own blog at http://youthmark.com/faith_kent/
No comments:
Post a Comment