My prayer during this past week has been Philippians 4:7,
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Last night I stayed awake all night in the Word and in Prayer seeking this peace… and though I don’t have all the answers to my questions for the moment I do have this peace. I have spent many days in tears and I imagine I will spend many more days to come in tears, but I know God is good and I will not give up hope… as 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 says, “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair, persecuted, but not abandoned, struck down, but not destroyed.” And finally the last verse that God used to touch my heart is Psalms 40:1-2,8 “I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.” There is still so much work to be done here in Argentina in the next three months that I have left here… so many lives that need healing… so many people who need hope and a reason to keep on living. My desire that God
be glorified in me… for as 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
This New Year’s Eve was different than any other I have experienced. I spent all day helping cook with my roommates and their family. We prepared food both from the States and here in Argentina. We enjoyed one another’s company and of course all the food, which we ate for days afterwards. The part that was probably the most touching is that at midnight instead of celebrating as most were doing with fireworks, we were
praying. We brought in the New Year seeking God and his blessings for the year… lifting up one another in prayer and seeking God’s direction for our lives. I am truly blessed to be an adopted member of this family. I love them as much as I love my own family back home and I will miss them as much as I miss my family back home. In the past two years that I have spent here in Argentina my life has been forever changed because of them. My dream is that my friends and family back home could one day meet them and understand why I feel the way I do about them, but I know that this may never happen, so I have to settle for the fact that one day they will meet in heaven.
I would like to thank everyone who has been
praying for me during this time, for those who have listened to me as I poured out my heart, for those that God has used to encourage me… my circumstances haven’t changed, there is still so much that is weighing heavily on my heart, but for the moment I am able to enjoy the peace that passes all understanding. I know that many of you don’t know what the circumstances are that I am facing, one day maybe I will be able to share them with you, but regardless, God hears your prayers and He exactly what I need. I have refocused my thoughts upon the truth and am looking for the blessings of this New Year and trusting God with all the rest. Now that all this is said and done, I am going to see if I can get a couple hours of sleep..!
This New Year’s Eve was different than any other I have experienced. I spent all day helping cook with my roommates and their family. We prepared food both from the States and here in Argentina. We enjoyed one another’s company and of course all the food, which we ate for days afterwards. The part that was probably the most touching is that at midnight instead of celebrating as most were doing with fireworks, we were
I would like to thank everyone who has been
No comments:
Post a Comment