Exciting things continue to happen here in Catamarca. The new church in Villa Parque Chacabuco is continuing to grow slowly but
surely. There are a few new people but the majority are youth who have been hurt in other churches and in need of lots of love and the ability to forgive. It is a slow process but God is good and at work in these lives. I have been challenged to love unconditionally even when I don’t feel like it at times… and have seen the blessings of this type of love. It is always nice to see the work of God in my own life as he applies the messages of love in me first so I can be an example. There have been many days where my prayer has been… “Lord, please give me an extra dose of love for ___________.” God has also been challenging with my need to open up and talk in the midst of these trials. I am excited to see that I don’t stay in the “crazy cycle” as long and am making leaps and bounds in this area… or maybe it is baby steps… but at least I am making progress.
But it hasn’t been all trials without any blessings. I have seen areas of lives being healed. One
guy who is a new believer is growing leaps and bounds and is an example to many of us. Not too long ago he was the typical youth who got drunk and caused problems in the plaza. But God has gotten a hold of his life in a mighty way and he has even gone back and asked forgiveness of people he has offended in the past. Wow, what an example of the humility God asks of us. He is interested in becoming baptized and has really found his place in the group. Please be in prayer for him (Matias) as God continues to work in his life.
A couple weeks ago we were finally able to start the youth program at the church. Jorge, Gustavo, Carolina, Scott, and I are in charge of the youth
program (though my role continues to be one-on-one discipleship and visitation.) It is exciting to get the official program started although for a while now the youth of VPC (Villa Parque Chacabuco) have been spending a lot of time at my house. We seem to hit all of the areas of a purpose driven church. Some days we get together to just watch movies and hang out and share life together. The other day we were even able to get away for the day to enjoy one another’s company and of course eat! (Community) Other days we get together to pray, sing worship songs, or watch sermons from past conferences. (Adoration) There are two small group that are currently going on, one for
the guys (which is held at my house but lead by Scott Millar) and one for the girls (which I lead at one of the lady from the churches house) (Discipleship) Many of the youth are finding their place in the church and getting involved more actively (Ministry). And to top it off God has been opening up doors for us to minister to the community. A couple weeks ago the government invited us to an activity for the “Day of Youth” in which we were able to present a play showing the life of a youth and the different things they ‘try’ to fill their need for God in their life. At the end one of the guys was able to give their testimony. This may open up doors for us to continue presenting this play in other areas as well. (Mission)
God continues to use me in the lives of youth from other churches and those who don’t attend any church for that matter. One of the most difficult situations God has been using me in lately is the life of a friend, Danny. He is Maggie’s brother and as I explained earlier their father passed
away recently. News in Catamarca spreads quickly and within hours of his passing I was able to go to the hospital with Soledad to comfort Danny. Danny is a great guy, who has recently gotten serious about his walk with God. Whenever he is going through a difficult time he usually shows up at my house… though rarely does he share what is going on… it as if he needs love, but doesn’t like to open up to others. I have been at a loss of words with Danny, not really knowing how to best comfort him. Many times, I just sit and listen as he talks, or we talk about the past and things he did with his father. One night, he was really struggling and started sending me text messages… in one of the messages he wrote, “Want to know a secret? I miss my father. I have never felt this empty in my life.” Wow, how does one respond to that? Please keep him and his siblings in your prayer. Two of his sisters have also been opening up to me about how they feel as well.
But it hasn’t been all trials without any blessings. I have seen areas of lives being healed. One
A couple weeks ago we were finally able to start the youth program at the church. Jorge, Gustavo, Carolina, Scott, and I are in charge of the youth
God continues to use me in the lives of youth from other churches and those who don’t attend any church for that matter. One of the most difficult situations God has been using me in lately is the life of a friend, Danny. He is Maggie’s brother and as I explained earlier their father passed
2 comments:
You continue to be in our prayers as does your church and youth there. I am so glad to hear that God is continuing to draw you in and strengthen you. You look so beautiful in the pictures. Congrats about the government invitation, that is HUGE!!
Praying for you, Kristin! It's exciting to hear about the growth (especially spiritually) of those at the church plant!
Post a Comment