
My life has changed dramatically in the past couple weeks. Changes are never easy, but also used to help us grow and draw closer to God. The change that has taken is one that I have been praying about for months… one that I have sought God’s direction and that of many friends and families back home.
What is this change some of you may be asking?
A little over a month ago, Scott and Ruth Millar (the BGC missionaries here in Catamarca)

opened up a new church in a neighborhood in the East. It is a little further out of town where many of the business and government leaders live. Since the opening of the church I have been attending both this church in “Villa Parque Chacabuco” and the one in the center “El Encuentro”. It has worked out perfectly that one had the service in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Due to various situations that have been heavy on my heart and God’s guiding hand, I have decided to commit full-time to this new church.
My ministry here in Catamarca is not going to change much. I will continue to do discipleship with the girls that God has placed in my life. I work alongside girls who go to various churches in the area… as well as couple girls who have not been attending any church lately. Some of the girls

who have been wandering without a church have decided to try out this new church. A couple of them in particular have jumped in with all their energy and are back serving the Lord. It is exciting to see the desire for God being restored and the work that God is doing in their lives. We are doing a study on “Love”. Loving God foremost and loving others, even those who have hurt us. It is an encouraging and challenging study even for me. God has been working in my own heart and in my own life, helping me love those whom have hurt me in various ways. He has taught me to love, not expecting anything in return. I have been surprised at the results of loving in this way and how God has provided so much more than I ever imagined.

Many of the people have noticed the changes in my life. One of my friends’ roommates even mentioned that I am radiant. It as if God has lifted me from pit and given me a joy and peace that is inexpressible. My circumstances have not changed much, but my perspective has. I feel free to serve God in the way I have wanted to the whole time here in Argentina without the extra responsibilities or restrictions that were put on me by others opinions or expectations.

Please be in prayer for this new church. Pray for the lives of the members who are currently attending. Many of them have been wounded in the past and are finally being lifted up and encouraged once again. Pray for Scott and Ruth Millar and wisdom in this new church plant. Pray for my own life… that God would continue to fill me with His love so I can love the people He has placed in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment