
As we come into the spring season it has been funny to see the youth start pairing off. There have been very few couples among the youth until just recently. Though with these new relationships come new temptations. Pray for purity among the youth and their new relationships. It is very common to see youth making out in parks and plazas throughout town, even those who are part of the church. This is part of the culture I don’t think I will ever get used to. Also, there is a high rate of un-wed mothers within the church. Pray that I would be an encouragement to the youth and be able to show Biblical principles and the importance of remaining pure for their future spouses.
Also, during this time there have been quite a bit of rumors and arguments

among the youth. I have been feeling the Lord calling me to address this issue and so at the last small group Bible study I was able to lead a message on various things we have been allowing to filtrate our lives which do not bring Glory to God. Many of the passages addressed the issues of gossiping, and arguing about Biblical topics that aren’t critical to ones salvation. My goal was to encourage them to focus on what is more important, being a unified group which loves one another and is able to reach out to the lost. I was amazed at how God lead this message, but now comes the tough part, encouraging the youth to apply it and finding ways to apply it myself and not get caught up in the local gossip. One thing I have been trying to do on a regular basis is go to the plaza where a lot of the discussions are taking place and pray for Unity among the youth and that God would be glorified in their lives as they are molded into His image.

Most of my time in Argentina has been spent with the youth, but lately God has opened doors for me to spend time with some of the woman from the church. I have had some really good conversations in which I was able to encourage them. These relationships also help open doors for me to work more in the life of their ‘daughters’ as they begin to trust me a bit more. Pray that I will allow God to use me in what ever way He has planned for me and that I won’t let feelings of insecurity keep me from doing His will. It is when we feel that we are not ‘capable’ of completing a task that God is glorified in us!
No comments:
Post a Comment